Hiking, biking and great fun at the Postalm in Salzburger Land
Just 58km south of the city of Salzburg is Austria’s largest interconnected alpine pasture area and Europe’s second largest high plateau: the Postalm. Many hiking trails wind through this region of mountain pastures and numerous alpine chalets invite you to enjoy a hearty meal with homemade products. The Postalm alpine road is not just your direct route to summer fun at the Postalm but also a beautiful scenic road with great views of the Dachstein massif and the Bischofsmütze mountain.
Summer sports, fun and relaxation in the Abtenau holiday region
A holiday in Salzburg is fun for young and old, for adventurers, athletes and foodies. Have a look at your summer at the Postalm:
- 100 km of marked hiking trails and mountain trails
- Mountainbike-Tours, for exemple the Postalm-Route from Voglau to the Postalm Area
- running trails, Nordic-Walking-trails
- Postalm via ferrata for experienced climbers
- Postalm-Panorama-Street: Panoramic road (toll road) for motorcyclists and motorists
- Postalm-Alpine cheese dairy with sales of own products
- Alpine huts, self-catering chalets, holiday houses and mountain inns
Summer from May to October: the Postalm between Abtenau and Strobl
Sommer von Mai bis Oktober: die Postalm zwischen Abtenau und Strobl
Due to its altitude of 1,000 – 2,000m above sea level, summer at the Postalm starts earlier than higher in the mountains – and ends a lot later. Enjoy the fresh green of springtime, comfortably warm summer days and the warm sunlight which hits the meadows and forests when the summer days at the Postalm slowly come to an end.
Experience a magical, unforgettable summer holiday in Salzburg at the Postalm and in the entire Abtenau holiday region!